The Boulder City, NV Chapter of the American Association of University Women is offering 4 scholarships of $1,000 each for the 2017 Fall Semester.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Female U.S. citizen who is a high school graduate or GED recipient.
- Resident of Boulder City, NV or Henderson, NV for at least one year.
- Enrolled or accepted in a degree program leading to an associate’s, bachelors or master’s degree at a regionally accredited community college, four year college, or university.
- Have completed at least 15 college-level credits, excluding remedial courses, with an average GPA of 2.5.
- Agree to an in-person interview.
Scholarship recipients must also:
- Agree to become a member of the AAUW Boulder City branch for one year (branch will pay your dues).
- Agree to volunteer at two branch fundraising events (e.g., Home Tour, Wine and Chocolate Tastings, Bake Sale).
- Agree to participate in at least three branch activities (e.g., meetings, board meetings, book club, progressive dinner, game night).
The following documents must be received by Friday, May 26, 2017 for the 2017 Fall semester.
- Application – Complete the form at this link
- One letter of recommendation addressing your accomplishments, attributes, academic and career goals. Letters cannot be written by relatives and must contain contact information for the author.
- Personal Statement – Limit to one page (typed, double-spaced) narrative addressing your education and career goals, as well as steps you have taken to achieve those goals, your financial need for this scholarship and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- Un-Official transcripts of ALL college courses indicating at least 15 credits successfully completed with an average GPA of 2.5.
Mail or email documents to:
Andrea Finnegan, 643 Avenue D, Boulder City, NV 89005